Educate yourself on things you may not see


I am appalled at this abuse and disgusting tradition. I feel awful for these poor children and hope this gets under control. I know the more that people see how horrifying it is the more people will speak out. I find this website http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2015/11/30/women-at-african-summit-tell-harrowing-stories-of-being-child-brides/ to be quite empowering and often find myself reading through the articles. It is very eye opening to see what is happening in the world, and how and who is trying to help those who can’t help themselves or need a stronger voice. I may not be in these places where child slavery/marriage/abuse is going on but that doesn't mean I can't educate myself on this situation. I hope these intelligent and strong minded girls go on living a life they are proud of and keep the goals they have for themselves in the spotlight. No one should feel like a commodity that can be bought and sold, especially innocent children.

 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nthGlZe-vyo#action=share



Comments

Popular Posts